Sunday, November 6, 2016

Blog Post # J

  In Chapter 11, I feel like the book did a great job on discussing what the classroom needs from both students and teachers in order for it to be an effective learning environment. Bringing up the need for students to be involved in not only the learning but assessment process as well, is a really important aspect for the overall environment in the classroom. This allows students to feel included. Therefore, students now feel more motivated and apart of something bigger. Mentioning this is important because I learned that this is another lesson for me to take into consideration for when I become a teacher and as a teacher I have to be able to student assess so we can better student self assess.

  Talking about assessments really made me understand the use for student portfolios, which is something I had never really given much thought. Digital portfolios for students, I believe is a great idea because it allows for the portfolio to not only help keep track of student success but in a personalized way. They can also refer back to accomplishments and teachers can see where they are at. They are portable ways to inspire creativity and build technological skills in order to communicate with electronics.  Teachers also have their own portfolios that play a vital role.

  This chapter really explains what makes up a teacher portfolio and why it is so important. It is like showcasing who you are and what makes you, you. It also shows what sets you apart from others. This tiny piece of you gets judged just how qualified you are to be a teacher. It also helps when someone else looks at your portfolio to see what you want to keep or improve on. I will make sure to keep this in mind when I make my future portfolios!

Below I have embedded a prezi that will give you a brief explanation of the key aspects I have picked up from the chapter that will help in the classroom and in creating a portfolio.



Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment